Bilingual Kids International Preschool (BKI) – Bringing People Together！
“Welcome to BKI. We are an independently run, professional organization with a community heart. Our approach to education is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, which has greatly helped us adapt our methods to specifically cater for the needs and rights of the bilingual child in Japan. Let our 35+ years of combined professional experience be your peace of mind.”
The Reggio Emilia Approach has been hailed as the “World’s Best Practice” (Newsweek, 1991).
□ BRIEF INTRODUCTION □
Now with Brand new, super safe, main campus! (See Pictures from our main menu, more Available on our Facebook page!)
- Two Locations: Musashi Sakai (Main Campus/School) / Sakurazutsumi in Musashino-Shi Tokyo, Japan. (Head Office)
FULL DAY CARE SERVICE (EXTENDED DAY CARE) AVAILABLE; 7:30AM* – 6:30PM
- Full day service is available Monday thru Friday for all age groups.
- Main Program – Morning Program (8:45am – 2:00pm) for children aged 18 months to 6 years old.
- Standard, Full Day Program until 5:30pm also available.
- Early Bird Drop Off 7:30am/Late Pick-Up 6:30pm (Extra charges apply and staff must be informed beforehand)
- Make-up days for sickness are available.
- 3, 4, 5 day per week options. Very reasonable tuition. (Our rate is less than 600 yen per hour)**
- Summer School with two to four-week options.
- A 100% English environment with high EIKEN (English proficiency) test results.
- Is your child bored or struggling at their current English school? Put the SPIRIT back in your child's life with our fully creative, child-originated curriculum focusing on the whole child and their ability to self-express. Amazing projects keep your child effortlessly learning English while they are fully engaged in topics of their own making. All children remain free spirits at BKI!
- Kindergarten practices applied are to Australian standards* (i.e. high).
- Qualified kindergarten teachers/Native English speakers.*
- Documentation of each child’s daily experiences is used to determine the children’s current interests. Projects are then initiated and structured into a progressive curriculum. Full documentation on all the developmental stages of your child’s growth is also taken.
- Outdoor educational component focuses on nature studies and physical skills.*
- After school English support classes for children attending a Japanese kindergarten (ages 3+) and classes for elementary school-aged children. Our curriculum includes in-depth conversation, reading, and writing.
- Events include: Yearly BBQ, one yearly Art Exhibition, one yearly Excursion, Cooking Days, Mini Zoo, Halloween, Christmas Show celebrations (School Play), and Sports Day.
- BKI schools are eco-based and are located either in or close to green leafy parks for extensive outdoor play, deemed absolutely essential, for children’s balanced development by leading childcare experts. (Please click the "EcoEducation" link in the "Our Method" drop down menu.)
*Please refer to the Our School page.
** Based on 5 days per week of full day care.